Got quoted 400 for an exhaust fix, is that reasonable or am I being taken for a ride?
-
Took my Patrol to a garage near my place because the exhaust has been rattling and there's a smell coming into the cabin when I idle at traffic lights, which honestly worries me more than the noise. The guy had a quick look, said something about a cracked flex pipe and a loose flange, and quoted me around 400 to sort it out. I've never had exhaust work done here so I have no idea if that's fair or if he's padding it because I clearly don't know much about cars. A friend mentioned there's a trusted exhaust leak specialist in Al Quoz that his office uses for their fleet vehicles and said their pricing was straight, but he didn't have the contact saved. I found 800sayara while trying to compare and their exhaust leak repair page gave me a rough idea of what the job involves, though prices always seem to vary. Should I just go with the first quote or is it worth driving out to Al Quoz for a second opinion? Don't want to be cheap about something safety related but also don't want to overpay out of laziness.